Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 22: What's for supper?



On a Wednesday night, in a busy work-week, late in MoFo, I don't have much for you. But dinner had to be on the table, nonetheless. We made Jo Stepaniak's classic "Greens & Noodles" from Vegan Vittles. I cut back the soy sauce, as the original recipe is a bit salty for me. I shelled some leftover boiled peanuts and threw them in, along with a spoonful of the Bakon seasoning I bought last weekend. With collards and boiled peanuts and bakon seasoning, it was a very Southern dish, despite the udon noodles!

Alongside, we made one of our favorite recipes from Isa Moskowitz's Vegan Brunch: Lemon Pepper Tofu. It's such an easy, quick, and pleasing recipe! It is not necessary to press the tofu, but I used my TofuXPress, and, boy howdy, did it make for a nice result.

In other important news, Yvonne alerted me that pizza with vegan Teese mozzarella is now available at Italia Pizza on Woodland Street in East Nashville. Needless to say, I'll be heading that way very soon! Gluten-free friends, take note: their website says they will have a gluten-free crust in the near future.

Onward, MoFos!

No comments: