Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 15: VeganDad Appreciation


VeganDad is one of my favorite food blogs, and one of the very few that I check religiously no matter how busy I am. After all, he is the source of the best veggie burger recipe I have ever made. The other day, I made his pumpkin custard. As you can see in the photograph, we now have even more reason to appreciate him. It's very close to traditional custard. The texture does thicken somewhat as it cools, so if you like your custard very soft and jiggly, please enjoy while still warm. (The photo above was taken when it had cooled to about room temperature, and you can see that it remains fairly soft.) My only word of caution is that the caramel browns quickly, so keep the heat low and watch it.

5 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

That looks great. I love vegan dad too - wish he was my dad.
:)

The Traveling Vegetarian said...

My God, that looks good!

Bianca said...

I just drooled all over myself at this picture! I've never had custard (gasp!) but now I wanna try Vegan Dad's custard. I really wanna buy his book too, but it's all digital and I don't want to print it out on my crappy ass printer.

JohnP said...

Yvonne, it was amazing!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That looks so gooey and delicious!