Friday, October 16, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 16: The tincture is ready

You may recall that I started the Vegan Month of Food by making tinctures. The first of them, made from lemon balm, is now ready. I strained it yesterday. I tried to get a decent photo, but it would not cooperate. It looks very dark in the jar, but it is really a deep, crazy, wild green color. The flavor is similarly intense. A little will go a very long way. I see this headed for some sorbet or ice-type-product in the near future.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Awesome. I bet that will be nice in a LOT of things.

Bianca said...

Whoa! That's really neat. I don't anything about tinctures, but that sounds like fun! I love making things in jars...I know that sounds weird. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Have a safe drive.