Sunday, October 18, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 18: susietofumonster appreciation

This Sunday brings a word of appreciation for everyone's favorite vegan food scientist, Susie. When she's not cracking the code of egg replacers, or deep in chemistry studies, she can be counted on for good recipes. Above you see her Polenta Seitan, which I made the other night when a friend came to dinner. It's a delicious and versatile recipe. (And, yes, Susie, this is a shameless attempt to get you to return to your blog!)

4 comments:

KitteeBee said...

polenta seitan????? is it xgfx? please direct me to the recipe!
xo
kittee

JohnP said...

kittee, it is not xgfx, but I wonder if some interesting modifications in that direction might be possible. The recipe is an unpublished test and I have been on Susie's case to release it for over a year! :). Last year, it was our Thanksgiving main dish with spices changed and baked in Isa's chickpea gravy.

Seitan Said Dance said...

Hear hear! (here here?) That's a great recipe and I loved reading Susie's blog. I hope she's reading this!

vegan.in.brighton said...

polenta seitan sounds rad, I hope I can get the recipe one day!