Saturday, October 13, 2012

50 States of MoFo: North Carolina Tomato Gravy



While many folks are familiar with some forms of Southern biscuits with gravy (especially the milk-sausage variety, or the red-eye version), there are many more.  Tomato gravy makes a delightful breakfast, and is a fine use for excess tomatoes.  Any leftover makes a great sauce to accompany pretty much anything for supper.  

The Early Girl Eatery on Wall Street in Asheville, North Carolina makes a lovely tomato gravy, which just happens to be vegan.  You can find their recipe here.  I cooked up a batch this morning, and wondered why I don't make it more often.

3 comments:

panda with cookie said...

I happen to have an abundance of tomatoes right now. Gravy!

Tami said...

I have to try this. I've been meaning to since we talked about it!

Laura said...

looks like a good way to use up my end-of-season tomatoes.