Monday, November 29, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 29: Caraway Potatoes


Today's retro-veg recipe is yet another caraway recipe from the Lukas Klinik's 1976 Cookery Book.

Chop potatoes into large chunks. The book does not indicate a need to peel, but looking at the potatoes I had on hand, I decided to. Grease a baking tray with vegan margarine, and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Press one end of each potato into a bowl of caraway seeds, and then place this end down on the salted baking sheet. Bake at 400 F until the potatoes soften. It will depend on their size but mine too about 3o minutes.

We liked these, and would make them again. Next time, I will grease the potatoes as well as the baking sheet, as they dried out just a bit more than I wanted them to.

MoFo + Thanksgiving is wearing me out, but have no fear! I will make it to the end! The posts may not be long, or well thought out, or well photographed, but they will appear on schedule!

2 comments:

panda with cookie said...

Do the caraway dip!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Caraway and potatoes is such a great combination!