Monday, November 29, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 29: Caraway Potatoes

Today's retro-veg recipe is yet another caraway recipe from the Lukas Klinik's 1976 Cookery Book.

Chop potatoes into large chunks. The book does not indicate a need to peel, but looking at the potatoes I had on hand, I decided to. Grease a baking tray with vegan margarine, and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Press one end of each potato into a bowl of caraway seeds, and then place this end down on the salted baking sheet. Bake at 400 F until the potatoes soften. It will depend on their size but mine too about 3o minutes.

We liked these, and would make them again. Next time, I will grease the potatoes as well as the baking sheet, as they dried out just a bit more than I wanted them to.

MoFo + Thanksgiving is wearing me out, but have no fear! I will make it to the end! The posts may not be long, or well thought out, or well photographed, but they will appear on schedule!


panda with cookie said...

Do the caraway dip!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Caraway and potatoes is such a great combination!