Friday, October 31, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 31: Happy Halloween, and the End of MoFo 2008





Whew! The Vegan Month of Food draws to a close.... My posts have not always been well thought out, carefully edited, or decently photographed, but I have tried to keep them coming. Fear not - I have no plans to disappear behind a veil of turnip greens (although I do plan to attend Nashville's annual Turnip Green Festival - Nov 9 at the downtown Farmer's Market). Posting here will continue, although at a slower pace, at least until Isa rings the gong and decrees another MoFo.


My office is having a Halloween party and I'll be bringing cookies (see photo above - another fantastic test recipe from Terry), hummus (stereotypical...), and hot pepper jelly.


In other news, last night I was so excited to receive a box of Teese - more mozzarella and the new cheddar. Mac 'n Teese is mine! The linked recipe was simply perfect when made with Teese mozzarella (with green chiles tossed in) and it is even more perfect with the cheddar.


Thanks, readers, for coming along for the Vegan MoFo ride. That's all for now, but I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

KitteeBee said...

johnp,
i have really enjoyed reading your blog everyday. i think you've posted more consistently and regularly than any other mofoer. i hope you and your teese have a great halloween. and turnip festival!!?

woot.
xo
kittee